WP Support Helpdesk WordPress Plugin for support or ticketing – lets you create a professional looking support & ticketing system for your WordPress site. Manage all your tickets right from the dashboard. Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to use WP Support Helpdesk.
Installing WP Support Helpdesk plugin
1. Download the wp-support-helpdesk.zip file & unzip to plugins folder located at
2. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins -> Installed Plugins
3. Activate WP Support Helpdesk.
4. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Support Helpdesk
5. After activating the plugin, you need to create a page where your users can submit their questions & raise tickets. Create a page (named – Support or WP Support Helpdesk) and add the following shortcode to the page.[code][wp_support_helpdesk][/code]
Click Publish. Here’s what your support page should look like :
6. When a user successfully submits a question / raises a ticket, he/she will get a thank you message as follows (on the frontend) along with a mail that is sent to the specified email address.
Remember : You need to have wp_mail() or mail() configured in order to use WP Support Helpdesk since the plugin will send out emails for the tickets & replies.
Managing WP Support Helpdesk
1. All Tickets : Manage all your existing tickets.
WP Support Helpdesk -> All Tickets
1.1 Click on the ticket that you want to reply to.
1.2 Type a reply in the text-area. Change the status of the ticket to Open / Pending / Closed. Change the Category & Priority (if needed).
1.3 Finally click Submit Reply button to reply with the specified content to the user.
Here’s a sample of the email the user will receive :
2. Categories : Manage/delete the categories for WP Support Helpdesk.
WP Support Helpdesk -> Categories
2.1 To add a new category for WP Support Helpdesk. Specify a name for the category & then click on the Add new category button.
2.2 Your new category will be listed in the categories list.
Note : When you delete a category from the list, all the tickets in that particular category are automatically moved to the “General” category.
So that’s pretty much what you need to know in order to use WP Support Helpdesk plugin effectively. If you know of any other tips that I may have missed, do let me know by leaving a comment here.
WP Support Helpdesk provides hassle-free follow-ups, allows ticket submission from the admin panel as well as the frontend.