Are you in the search for the best Gutenberg blocks plugins for your WordPress site? Then you have come to the right place as this article contains a list of the top 15 WordPress Gutenberg block plugins for your website.
The Gutenberg editor was developed as an answer to the increasing need of WordPress users for a page builder that is more adaptable, intuitive, and customizable than the standard WordPress editor.
First, let us learn about Gutenberg blocks and why a plugin is needed for the Gutenberg Block Editor.
What are Gutenberg blocks?
Gutenberg blocks are editor blocks that are used to generate content layouts in Gutenberg. Introduced in WordPress 5.0, the Gutenberg editor is a block-based editor where each and every piece of content is a draggable block.
Gutenberg presents a creative and unique approach, by moving to a block-based system to improve the editing experience. It consists of a number of blocks that support in customization of your content and layout in the editor.
WordPress Gutenberg blocks are an entirely new approach for editing posts and pages. They are an extension of the Gutenberg editor where every image or paragraph in the Gutenberg editor is a block.
With just a single click and a drag of your mouse, you can reorganize the structure of a post or a page completely.
Another advantage? Blocks enable you to create rich posts without the requirement of knowledge of any code.
The necessity of a blocks plugin for the Gutenberg Block Editor
The Gutenberg block editor is where most of the innovation in WordPress is taking place.
If you want to succeed in SEO in the following years, you’ll need to be on the block editor. If you’re not, and your competitors are, they are most likely to beat you.
These are the types of Gutenberg plugins you should understand :
- Single blocks: They act similar to plugins that join little page elements, like a contact form. But rather than appearing on your website through shortcode, they combine with the Gutenberg blocks to illustrate the widgets.
- Block libraries: They are like widget compilations. They add many new blocks with unique functionality, and these can vary from page-building elements like columns to ones that can customize and intensify your posts. Each and every block library is different.
Gutenberg is a strong content editor by itself, but add-ons extend what the innovative block editor can do. With the right Gutenberg add-ons or plugins, you can boost the editor and produce amazing content layouts that will drive your business plan.
Enhance your Gutenberg editor with some add-ons, so you can produce unique content. In the next section, we point you towards the best WordPress Gutenberg Block Plugins for your website that will change how you interact with the Gutenberg editor.
List of the Best Gutenberg Blocks Plugins
- Responsive Gutenberg Blocks Library
- Kadence Blocks
- Genesis Blocks
- Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg
- Getwid Blocks
- PublishPress Blocks
- Otter Blocks
- Ultimate Blocks
- Atomic Blocks
Build attractive websites using their library of responsive blocks for the Gutenberg Editor. With the enhanced blocks in the Responsive Gutenberg Blocks Library, you can generate high-converting landing pages. The plugin provides 40+ creative blocks for Gutenberg to design beautiful pages without a single line of code.
The plugin also comes with a wide range of pre-designed block patterns and full-page templates that you can browse, choose, import, and design a website to suit your needs.
Get started and build attractive websites.
- Pre-designed block patterns and full-page templates
- 40+ Creative Gutenberg blocks
- The user interface of each block is simple
- The blocks are AMP optimized considering AMP is one of the most significant ranking factors for search engines
- Create excellent landing pages without writing a single line of code
- You can easily customize these blocks as per your requirements in a short time.
- Can be imported easily and customized according to your needs
- You can build columns in your page layout with margins, paddings, and colors of your choice
- You can create lists so that your website looks more organized
Kadence is a widely used multi-purpose WordPress theme that has both free and pro versions.
However, they also have a Gutenberg blocks plugin named Kadence blocks. You can create fast-loading landing pages with Kadence Blocks, however, it is necessary to have experience with some standard technical knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Page builder plugins can be complex, and Gutenberg doesn’t offer all that is required to create a fully functional site. Kadence Blocks are a central ground that is easy to use.
- The plugin provides a library of preloaded, ultra-modern designs
- Allow you to build pages with only a few clicks
- Kadence blocks when applied with the Kadence theme can make your site load faster
- The free version contains header and footer builders
- The Gutenberg templates can be customized by making use of these blocks
Kadence Blocks can help in making the WordPress block editor competent in generating content usually done only through page builder plugins. Each block is crafted with regard to performance, receptiveness, and extensibility.
Genesis Blocks is a set of page-building blocks for the Gutenberg blocks editor. Building pages with Genesis Blocks provides you control to instantly create and launch the type of site you like. Genesis Blocks is a relaunch of the former Atomic Blocks.
It extends well-thought-out features that strive to deliver more of a page-building experience. It offers both, free and pro versions.
- Prebuilt and customized content sections with full-page layouts
- Extra content blocks, as well as the layout selector, make it convenient to get the most out of the editor.
- Role-based editing permission ensures that your layouts remain on-brand while providing the right levels of control to the teams that require them
- AMP Optimized
Downloading the Genesis Blocks plugin adds engaging, site-building blocks to help you customize page layouts, boost engagement, and obtain results for your company.
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg presents you with creative Gutenberg blocks to create sites without writing code. This plugin fetches a bunch of extra blocks to the Gutenberg editor like Advanced heading, Advanced columns, CTA, Contact Form 7 styler, and Google Maps, among others. The blocks in this plugin are unique and simple to use.
- Contains an advanced columns block with control over columns and shape dividers
- Section block that allows you to group different kinds of blocks
- With customized options, you can design websites without requiring the knowledge of coding
- Display your content in Gutenberg designs, with post grids and carousels
The Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg is created for speed and performance with flexibility and ease of use. It will take away the extra bloat from your site, making it lighter and quicker to load.
The plugin is a collection of more than 30 blocks that give you control over your content. It’s easy to set up and you should be able to have it running in no time.
It ships with blocks like media & text sliders, sections, price boxes, custom post types, Instagram, and MailChimp, among others.
- No knowledge of coding is required
- Getwid features the most advanced performance methods, such as CSS minification, which enable you to produce content without thinking about your WordPress site speed.
- Each block comes with settings, styles, and choices, so you can create your content the way you want
- Has a library of pre-designed layouts to help you build a unique website
Getwid is a powerful plugin with a lovely set of blocks. Each block comes with a set of options that let you create compelling content in no time.
Gutentor is a page-building Gutenberg Blocks plugin with endless possibilities to create a webpage. Gutentor extends the Gutenberg editor with blocks that can be changed to produce the best web pages with a few clicks.
- Single-click demo templates library for ready-made templates
- Repeater field to generate items in blocks with drag and drop, edit, and delete options
- Customizable row or columns options for creative designers Inline, Internal or External CSS files.
Gutentor Blocks are categorized into 5 different types:
i] Gutentor elements
They are a unit of Gutenberg blocks with several designing options They include blocks like Advanced Text, Counter, Pricing, and more.
ii] Gutentor modules
They are designed in a way that you can create a more complex structure on your web easily. They include Advanced Columns, Accordion, Tabs block.
iii] Gutentor Posts
Gutentor posts category is a collection of blocks related to WordPress posts as well as post types.
iv] Gutentor Widgets
Gutentor widgets are individual and independent blocks. They provide an easy way to create your site section.
Gutentor provides innovative Gutenberg blocks for intensifying your website at a superior level.
Stackable has a wonderful collection of Gutenberg blocks for web designers and developers. With over 25 blocks in their library, it’s one of the most popular block editor plugins on WordPress.
You can build awesome landing pages using Stackable for a smooth block editing experience. They have a robust and unique combination of blocks like the feature block, container block, and notification block for building any website with no line of code.
- Loads the minimal amount of CSS and JS files in the frontend, less than ~30kb total
- Adds almost no PHP server overhead for fast page loads
- Optimized page loading with browser caching for fast viewing speeds
- Responsive image loading for faster browsing speeds in mobile devices
They are integrated with WPML, Toolset, and Google fonts along with hundreds of designs for the different kinds of blocks in their library.
PublishPress has a lot of plugins on WordPress out of which their blocks plugin has 30k active installs. Their blocks library is not very unique but they have some good features inside.
- You can display your latest WooCommerce products and filter by order, product status, and category
- The Content Display block allows you to show posts, pages, and other content types in many beautiful layouts
- Permissions for blocks: You can control who can use each block, including default WordPress blocks
- Custom CSS for blocks: You can add your own custom, reusable CSS styles for your blocks
- Block layout options: Choose from dozens of layouts. Each one is customizable for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
Considering it has over 135 reviews, trying out this blocks plugin will definitely be worthwhile for web designers.
Owned by GoDaddy, CoBlocks is the most widely used plugin in all the Gutenberg blocks plugins with over half a million active installs. This plugin is designed for mobile responsive themes and can be customized according to the requirements of web designers.
Although it works with any WordPress theme, the free Go theme in the WordPress theme repository is a perfect companion for CoBlocks.
- A breakthrough page builder system
- Custom Typography Controls
- The Expansive List of Blocks
If you are just getting to know the Gutenberg editor, then this plugin is the right choice for you as you learn the various aspects of WordPress blocks and web design.
10] Otter Blocks
Otter blocks is a lightweight plugin that has additional blocks to the Gutenberg Editor. This allows you to create elaborate pages for business, blog posts, and much more. It comes with several blocks that will help you create elegantly designed sites.
With Otter blocks, you can build anything – from a personal blog to an international store without losing the personal touch because of its vast customization options. The ease of use converts basic blocks into expressive layouts in a matter of seconds.
- Features a section block that can help you create columns easily and select from the various layouts available.
- Drag and drop builder.
- Built-in responsive settings.
- See live changes when you are editing.
- Separate CSS area for each block in the backend.
- Free of cost.
Combining the Otter blocks plugin with Themeisle’s flagship Neve theme is a good option for designers who wish to create beautiful yet conversion-focused websites.
Qubely is a Gutenberg block plugin that offers both a free and a premium version. Qubely comes with a set of new blocks, with 150+ pre-built sections that you can import and edit.
It is a full-fledged block plugin for Gutenberg editor. Get loads of built-in sections & and create pages and posts easily.
Qubely reduces the limitations of the Gutenberg editor and supports you in building any layout on WordPress.
- Built-in animation effects for each block to make your content stand out.
- Responsive controls for every device.
- Library of importable pre-built sections.
- Works with any Gutenberg compatible theme.
Blocks in Qubely offers unlimited styling options to ensure the best experience with Gutenberg.
12] Ultimate Blocks
Ultimate Blocks contains a collection of 18+ new Gutenberg blocks. It offers several custom Gutenberg blocks specifically designed for bloggers and content marketers.
It assists you in creating more reliable and engaging content with the Gutenberg Editor. Out of the lengthy list of blocks this plugin offers, you may not require everything.
With the blocks manager, you have an option of disabling the ones you won’t require anytime soon. This makes your site lightweight
- One unique block is the Review block, which allows you to add a review box that contains structured data to help you get valuable snippets in Google Search.
- The Content Filter block lets visitors filter out particular content by selecting a filter at the top
- It’s SEO-friendly and optimized for speed
- The block manager option is available.
Ultimate Blocks is an effective and easy-to-use plugin. It adds a lot of functionality to the WordPress editor.
PostX is an attractive post blocks builder plugin for Gutenberg. You can effortlessly create grid sections in your Gutenberg editor. For bloggers, fashion magazines, or entertainment sites, the PostX plugin is a must-have.
All the blocks in this plugin create rich post layouts for your website. With PostX comes several grids, lists, as well as module layouts for posts that you can preview to comprehend how they look like before applying.
If you don’t know how to create content by yourself, these pre-made blocks and starter packs can assist you.
- Ready-made blocks with starter packs.
- Category filter to see the desired type of content.
- It promotes live editing and animation support.
- Custom CSS option is available.
- Features a superior dynamic query builder to allow you to show various posts in your blocks
- Section title with preset design
Every setting is visually editable in this Gutenberg Post Blocks plugin. You can change your block’s design easily with the latest design options.
14] Atomic Blocks
If you’re running a business, this block library is the best choice for you. Atomic Blocks can assist you in building a page with widgets that advance customer interaction.
Draw people in with a CTA or author profile, promote your business with the testimonial or pricing table blocks, and generate conversions using the newsletter block. This plugin carries various blocks that will give you control of the Gutenberg editor.
- Compatible with any theme of your choice.
- The Revolution Pro theme will be made available for purchase.
- No knowledge of coding is required
- AMP support is available in every block
Offers a new section and layout block by which you can customize your page through pre-built areas; hence it functions as a page builder.
Qodeblock is developed to improve the WordPress web design and user experience. This plugin enables you to extend your WordPress editor with attractive blocks with powerful functionality.
It offers a set of page building blocks for the Gutenberg block editor.
Building with these blocks gives you the control to launch any kind of site you want in just a few seconds!
- Contains an advanced columns block that lets you make your own page format with a standard arrangement.
- Compatible with any theme.
- It doesn’t affect the speed or performance
- Extends the application of the Gutenberg editor with 14 blocks.
The customization options can make your pages and posts pop.
Now that you have gone through the list of WordPress Gutenberg Blocks Plugins, you know what they have to offer. Their shared purpose is to add creative blocks to the editor by which you can create unique content.
Out of all these, Responsive Gutenberg Blocks Library has the most flexible layout block, and it is a great choice for you.
However, all the plugins in the list share a few blocks while others are unique. It’s just a matter of analyzing and comparing the blocks and deciding which ones are best for your site.