Amazon is an E-commerce powerhouse. By 2020 it will claim 38% of all the e-commerce revenue. So if you want to associate with Amazon and make money with WordPress, its affiliate program should be the first one you must opt for. It is giving publishers a chance to earn money through Native Shopping Ads.
Amazon’s native ad is a relatively easier option to use. Anyone can connect to amazon and get relevant personalized ads. Apart from that, it offers three different options to choose from. Each native shopping ad format comes with its own features and configurations.
What are amazon native ads?
A native shopping ad is the ad form that automatically adjusts to the contents and the nature of the website where it will be displayed. Amazon’s native shopping ads offer dynamic and relevant recommendations in the form of responsive ad units. One may place it at the end or within the contents. It creates a better viewer experience and increases shopping opportunities.
There are three types of Amazon native ads –
- Recommendation Ads – This type of ad allows Amazon to recommend the best product matches for your website based on your content and site visitors.
- Search Ads – This type of ad allows you to get recommendations from Amazon based on a search phrase that you decide for yourself.
- Custom Ads – This type of ad allows you to specify the type of products you want to promote on your site.
Key benefits of using amazon native ads –
- Responsive ads
- Relevant product recommendation
- Flexibility in ad placement options
- Easy implementation
How to add amazon native ads to WordPress
Since Amazon’s native ads are a relatively new program, many people are not clear about how to use them. We have laid out a step by step guide about how to add an amazon native ad WordPress for you. Here we will focus on recommendation ads. But with the same process, you will be able to create the other two types as well.
Adding Amazon native ads to WordPress is very easy. Anybody can do it even without any coding knowledge. The first and foremost thing you need to have in this respect is an Amazon account. Just log in to your account and get started.
Here are the steps you need to follow to add Amazon native ads to your WordPress website –
- Head on to Amazon Associates central dashboard, click on “Product linking” and then select “Native Shopping ads”.
- Click on “Recommendation Ads”.
- Fill out all the information about the Recommendation Ad.
- Ad code is generated and the desktop preview is shown. A mobile preview is also available.
- Copy the ad code and insert it where you would like it to appear on your website.
Now you have to place that code to your blog. For adding codes to WordPress, you need a plugin first. WP AdCenter is a powerful WordPress Ads Plugin where you can control every aspect of advertising on any WordPress powered website.
There are many platforms that will provide you with ads relevant to your content. But, how to manage and control them on your site is a concern. This is where the WP AdCenter WordPress advertising plugin comes into the picture.
To Install the plugin:
- Download the zip file from WordPress.org
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your website.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload plugin
- Choose the plugin file to upload.
- Install & Activate the plugin.
Read– How to use the WP AdCenter plugin for an Advertisement Solution to learn how to get started with the plugin and update the general settings. Follow the steps below to learn how to add the Ad codes to your WordPress site:
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > WPAdCenter > Banners and then click “Add New” . Banners are the actual advertisement image that will be displayed to the end-user.
- Banner Name – Specify a name for the banner.
- Link URL – URL where the visitor will be taken once they click on this banner.
- Link Target – How the link will be opened upon visitor clicks on the banner
5. Banner Type– Provide the Amazon Ad code, which will be rendered as an advertisement.
6. Now create a block for “WP AdCenter” .
7. Now select the Ad Zone.
Save all your settings and visit your website to see Native Shopping Ads in action. You might have to wait for a few minutes and a couple of reloads to start seeing highly relevant ads on your site.
If you are very particular about your niche and aiming for high revenue, amazon native shopping ads may actually do wonders for you. There are many advantages to using these native shopping ads. Since content advertising, amazon’s native shopping ads attract viewers more. They also ensure better viewer engagement and increase the reach. The other advantage is if you have total control over the products you want to promote on your site, there is no threat to the brand. And, above all, amazon native shopping ads are a good source of revenue generation. Leave a comment if you have any feedback or questions.