Charge fees to people for listing their businesses in your directory & generate revenue from your WordPress site. WP Business Listing WordPress plugin lets you create directories at your site.
Installing WP Business Listing
1. Download the wp-business-listing.zip file & unzip to plugins folder located at
2. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins -> Installed Plugins
3. Activate WP Business Listing.
4. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Settings -> WP Business Listing
Note : Business Listing Plugin requires a page with the [businessdirectory] shortcode to function properly.You can create this page by yourself or let Business Listing do this for you automatically. Click the Create required pages for me button as shown in the image above.
Managing WP Business Listing
1. Create Listing Categories & Listing Tags first.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Listing -> Listing Categories. Specify the details & Click Add New Category when done.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Listing -> Listing Tags. Specify the details & Click Add New Tag when done.
2. Specify a fee applicable to the users for the listings on your site.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Business Listing -> Fees Setting & Click Add New Listing Fee.
Specify the details & Click Add Fee when done.
3. Now create listing for your WordPress site.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Listing -> Add New Listing.
Note : Users can submit a new listing on your site from the Business Listing page.
Specify the details & Click Publish when done.
Note : If you want to charge your customers for listings then please turn payments ON from the WP Business Listing -> Setting -> Payment menu along with the details of your PayPal account.
4. Enable Payment for listings.
Go to WP Business Listing -> Setting -> Payment tab. Check the Turn On payments? check-box. Check the Activate PayPal? check-box. Specify the PayPal Business Email ID.
Click Save Changes when done.
5. Manage the form fields for submitting listings by users on your site.
Go to WP Business Listing -> Manage Form Fields
You can Create / Edit / Delete the form fields for the listings here.
So that’s pretty much what you need to know in order to get started with WP Business Listing plugin. If you know of any other tips that I may have missed, do let me know by leaving a comment here.
Secure additional income with the help of WP Business Listing on your WordPress site by adding a business directory.