Getting started with your WordPress journey? That’s amazing!
Installing and updating WordPress themes and plugins will soon become a part and parcel of your life. In this article, we’ll show you how to install and update WordPress theme.
It is a very easy procedure and will take just a few minutes.
How to install WordPress theme manually?
To install a WordPress theme manually, go to Appearance>>Themes>>Add new
You can also click on Add New Theme and browse the themes that are present on wordpress.org.
Or, you can upload the zip file of a theme and install it.
How to update WordPress theme manually?
If you already have a theme installed and you want to manually update it then follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Themes, in your WordPress dashboard.
- Make sure to activate another theme while updating your current theme. A WordPress default theme (Twenty …) is a good choice.
- Hover your mouse over theme you wish to update, you’ll reveal the ‘Theme Details’ clickable theme. Click on it.
4. After clicking on Theme Details, a pop-up window will open displaying the theme’s details. You’ll see “Delete” red link.
Click on it. If you don’t see a red ‘Delete’ link, it means that the theme or its child theme is active, then go back to point 2.
5. Install the new version of the theme as explained above.
6. After installing, activate the theme.
Hope this article helped you. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.