E-Commerce Affiliate WordPress Plugin allows you to create referrals, tracking visits and sales via affiliate links and handle commission payouts as well. The plugin is very useful for e-commerce websites. Here’s a step-by-step guide for setting up & using E-Commerce Affiliate.
Installing E-Commerce Affiliate plugin
1. Download the ecommerce-affiliate.zip file & unzip to plugins folder located at
2. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins -> Installed Plugins
3. Activate E-Affiliate
4. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> E-Affiliates
Managing E-Commerce Affiliate
After activating the plugin, you need to generate a Affiliate area, specify the default commission percentage & enable Affiliate registrations.
1. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> E-Affiliates -> Options.
2. Click the Generate button to create a affiliate area page. Set Referral timeout duration. Set Currency Symbol & Currency Code. Set the Default commission. The default commission determines the referral amount based on the net sale made. Enable affiliate registrations by checking the Allow affiliate registration check-box.
Click Save when done.
3. Manage Affiliates : View / edit the affiliates registered on your site.
Go to E-Affiliates -> Manage Affiliates.
4. Referrals : View / edit the referrals on your site.
Go to E-Affiliates -> Referrals.
You can add new referrals using the Add button. Click Save when done.
5. Add / Edit Ads : View / edit the Ads on your site.
Go to E-Affiliates -> Add / Edit Ads.
Manage the existing ads on your site from E-Affiliates -> Manage Ads. Click the Edit / delete buttons to edit / delete the ad.
6. Manage Payouts : Manage payouts & generate reports for the payouts of your affiliates, referrals & ads.
Go to E-Affiliates -> Manage Payouts.
There are four ways you can pay your affiliates:
- Payout all the affiliates by their outstanding commission amount to date (Option A)
- Payout all the outstanding affiliate commission upto a date (Option B)
- Payout all the affiliate commissions by date range (Option C)
- Payout an individual affiliate commission (Option D)
Note: You need to create two files – affiliate_payout_report.csv & paypal_mass_pay.txt with 666 permissions in /your_site_url/wp-content/plugins/ecommerce-affiliate/lib/core folder in order to generate the reports.
So that’s pretty much what you need to know in order to use E-Commerce Affiliate plugin effectively. If you know of any other tips that I may have missed, do let me know by leaving a comment here.