WP Directory can be customized easily.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for configuring WP Directory.
Installing WP Directory theme
1. Download the wp-directory.zip file & unzip to themes folder located at
2. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes
3. Activate WP Directory theme.
Customizing WP Directory
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Directory -> Theme Options
Theme Options -> Header | Social Icons | Sidebars | Miscellaneous | Font Settings
1. Header: Customize the header of your website.
You can add custom logos for your site, tweak the logo position, add a favicon & add a custom RSS feed.
2. Social Icons : Manage the social icons for your site.
Here you can add URLs to your social profile for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest & RSS.
3. Sidebars : Manage the sidebars of your site.
You can add custom sidebars & set the positions of the sidebars.
4. Miscellaneous : Manage the miscellaneous settings of your site.
You can modify the copyright text, affiliate ID, analytics tracking code, enable / disable other miscellaneous options.
5. Font Settings : Change the font settings of your site.
Click Save changes when done.
Managing WP Directory & Business Listings
Note : You need to add categories for business listings in order to add listings on your site.
1. Create Directory Listing Categories & Tags.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Directory Listing -> Listing Categories
Enter category name, slug, specify parent category (if any), enter a description, upload an icon for the category & click Add New Category when done.
Similarly add directory listing tags by navigating to WordPress Dashboard -> Directory Listing -> Listing Tags
Note : If you are offering paid listings on your site, you need to enable payment options for the listings.
To enable payments go to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Directory -> Settings -> Payment tab
Check the Turn on payments checkbox to enable payments. Select a currency code & specify the currency symbol. Activate PayPal by checking the Activate PayPal checkbox. Specify your PayPal business email.
Note : You can charge different fees for different directory listing categories using the fee settings.
2. Specify a fee for directory categories (all categories or specific categories) which is applicable for the users’ listings on your website.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Directory -> Fees Setting & Click Add New Listing Fee.
Enter the details & Click Add Fee when happy with the settings.
3. Add directory listing on your site.
Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Directory Listing -> Add New Listing.
Specify the details & Click Publish when done.
So that’s pretty much what you need to know in order to get started with WP Directory theme. If you know of any other tips that I may have missed, do let me know by leaving a comment here.
For a live demo of the WP Directory WordPress Theme.
Use this amazing theme to power your directory website.