These days, mobile-compatible websites are second nature for any business. Given that virtually the entire world is living their lives online, and the desktop has inadvertently been relegated to a secondary position, it comes as no shocker that businesses must have websites that work across all screen sizes and devices. This characteristic of websites is known as responsiveness.
In WordPress, or on any website actually, responsiveness doesn’t just mean that the contents of the screen adapt and adjust in a smaller space. That it should be easy to use and look good is equally important. That’s where free responsive themes are used. These themes ensure that the website’s effect isn’t lost on a smaller screen. In this article, we will be reviewing the Responsive II HTML theme.
What is the Responsive II Theme?
Responsive II is a mobile-first responsive, HTML, free business WordPress theme. This theme is also known as Responsive Mobile. It works wonderfully on any device – mobiles, tablets, iPads, desktops, etc. Built on a light framework, the Responsive II is easy to customize, takes up lesser space, and is superbly effective.
This free WordPress theme is perfect for businesses owing to its clean, professional, widget-based layout. The home page is easy to navigate and has an attractive, edgy look. However, there’s a lot more to Responsive II than meets the eye. Let’s take a look at what makes it a good business theme.
Features of the Responsive II Theme
Every WordPress theme has its set of unique features that sets it apart from the rest. The same goes for the Responsive II. Here is what it offers –
Going by its name, you would have guessed this already. The Responsive II theme is fully-responsive across devices of all screen sizes and resolutions. Whether you view it from your Android phone, iPhone, tablet, iPad or laptop, the theme looks just as great and doesn’t lose its desired effect. It adjusts the content brilliantly across every screen without any skewing, blurring, or tedious scrolls.
Faster load time
Because the Responsive II is a mobile-first business theme, it reduces the loading time on your mobile device. It’s light framework ensures that the theme doesn’t take up too much space on your server or the devices on which the site is opened.
Lots of Widgets
There are 4 areas on the homepage where you can add widgets – main sidebar, colophon, top, and footer. This way, you can choose any of the areas for adding widgets and enhancing your site’s appearanc
Responsive II offers immense scope for customization, letting you personalize your website the way you want. It comes with simple yet powerful options for full CMS control.To customize the theme follow Appearance–>Theme Options
- Optimized for the search engine (SEO-friendly), the Responsive II theme helps boost your website’s rankings. It also saves you some time and resources that would be invested in SEO efforts.
You can upload your company logo from the admin section quite easily.
- This theme has the option of adding a header image. This gives your website a more catchy look.
- You can also add a full-width background image that’s representative of the content or your company.
- This definitely adds to the effect that you’re aiming for.
- Choose from a range of colors for the header text and background. This is particularly useful if your business has opted for pre-decided colours for effective visual marketing. Otherwise, you need to make do with colours that the theme offers. But with Responsive II, you have the freedom of customization.
- There are 4 areas on the homepage where you can add widgets – main sidebar, colophon, top, and footer. This way, you can choose any of the areas for adding widgets and enhancing your site’s appearance.
- The theme has a total of 11 widget areas, 9 page templates, 4 menu positions, 6 template layouts, and a call-out section with a call to action button.
- It also has social media media icons in the Team section to link every team member’s social media profiles to the website.
- If you own an e-Commerce website, then Responsive II is a great theme for you because of its WooCommerce compatibility.
- Additionally, it offers multiple language options (WPML) and RTL language support, is retina-ready for sharp and beautiful images, and is W3C markup validated.
Responsive II is an excellent choice among the available WordPress themes for small businesses, corporates and portfolio websites. It is free, for starters. It offers so many customization options in templates and layouts. There is the WooCommerce and multilingual compatibility. And lastly, it is completely responsive. This theme has everything that you would need to create a clean, simple, yet classy and professional website. View its demo and see for yourself if Responsive II is perfect for you.