Load your credit cards, fill up on cash, charge your devices & get ready to go into a “shopping frenzy” with guns (read bank accounts & wallets!!!) blazing; it’s the season of holidays & sales everywhere. Not only do you see this “War of the stores armed with discounts, exclusive essentials’ store, special time-limited promo sales & what not offers” in the physical/real world but also in the virtual world.
So when we talk about the virtual world & shopping; Amazon & Ebay are some of the ultimate e-store destinations for shoppers with over a million products to choose from. What these e-stores have in common is that all of these are multi-vendor e-shops.
Now wouldn’t it be great to join the elite group of these e-stores & earn a little extra from your existing WordPress WooCommerce site…that too with the assurance to earn back your investment by spending a little amount or for free!!!
Why is it good to own a multi-vendor WooCommerce site & turn it into a marketplace instead of having a single seller WooCommerce site?
It’s obvious when you have multiple sellers/vendors on your site it can widen the demographics you want to appeal to. Also, it increases the possibility of generating revenue in multi-folds. Here are some merits of owning a multi-vendor WooCommerce WordPress site:
- You can sell a variety of products on your e-shop instead of selling limited products of your own.
- Ability to control the commission rates to be charged while allowing vendors to sell their products.
- You only have to take care of the commission, payment & authorization aspects if you don’t want to sell your own products.
- You can control what is sold & who sells products on your e-shop; giving you complete administrative control over your e-shop business.
- The demographics you want to appeal to widen when you have multi-vendors & different products being sold on your e-shop.
What do you need to turn your existing WooCommerce site into a marketplace like Amazon & Ebay?
Assuming you already have a running WooCommerce site you need a plugin to support the multi-vendor option. Not just any plugin but an extension that is compatible with WooCommerce & your theme.
WC Marketplace – The functional yet free extension to turn your WooCommerce site into a marketplace
WC Marketplace is a free extension for WooCommerce by DualCube; it enables users to register as vendors on your WooCommerce site which turn your e-shop into a marketplace. It enables vendors to add products for selling on your e-shop. All the vendors & their products have to be authorized by the administrator to be published which gives you (the admin) complete control of your e-shop business.
You can get a copy of WC Marketplace from the WordPress.org plugin directory and for premium add-ons please visit the official site of WC Marketplace.
Why WC Marketplace?
WC Marketplace is a free extension for your WooCommerce & it has over a dozen premium add-ons/add-on ideas that can act as extra management tools for your multi-vendor marketplace. The core plugin (WC Marketplace) is free, and will always remain so (as mentioned on the WordPress.org plugin directory).
WC Marketplace is very easy to setup on your WooCommerce site. All it takes is setting the payment & commission rates along with customizing the product pages for vendors which enable you to control what kind of products are sold on your e-shop. It has more interesting features which will make managing your e-shop hassle-free.
A few remarkable features of WC Marketplace:
- Enable Users To Register As Vendors/Sellers
- Configure & Customize What Kind Of Products The Vendors Sell On Your Site
- 4 Payment Calculation Modes For Commissions From Vendors
- 2 Options For Disbursal Of Accumulated Commissions
- Option For Vendors To Export Order Details to a.CSV file
- 4 Widgets For WC Marketplace Details
- Almost A Dozen Extensions/Extension Ideas For WC Marketplace Core Extension
- Responsive Support & Development
- Generate reports for orders
- The core plugin (WC Marketplace) Is Free Forever
…and the list goes on
What do you need to get started?
- A WordPress site (Assuming you already have one )
- The WooCommerce Plugin (Assuming you already have it activated on your WordPress site)
- A WooCommerce compatible theme (Preferably from WooThemes for best display)
- The WC Marketplace core plugin
- Premium add-ons for WC Marketplace
That’s all. So think of a unique name for your e-shop that represents your business & joins the league of elite e-shop destinations like Amazon & Ebay. Think of a robust & smart plan & start enlisting vendors today! If you get stuck somewhere & can’t solve the issue on your own; WC Marketplace has a support forum where they respond & help you out as quickly as possible.
Wish you well. Cheers!
If you found this post useful, do leave a comment below to let us know.