SurveyFunnel is a popular WordPress Survey plugin – that when used correctly can help you gather useful insights about your site’s visitors. If you ask the right questions, when a visitor lands on your site and literally point him to the right content or offer – your chances of conversion increase multi-fold. This article is a step-by-step guide for SurveyFunnel Premium WordPress Plugin.
You can even use this information that you gather to add each visitor into a specific email list that matches his / her requirements and send out targeted offers that the visitor would appreciate ( and not ignore !).
Installing SurveyFunnel Premium WordPress Plugin
1. Download the surveyfunnel.zip file & unzip it into the plugins folder
which can be found at /wordpress/wp-content/plugins
3. Activate SurveyFunnel Premium WordPress Plugin.
4. Go to WordPress Dashboard -> SurveyFunnel
Managing SurveyFunnel Premium WordPress Plugin
SurveyFunnel Premium WordPress Plugin Dashboard
Creating your first survey(also known as a funnel)
Note : Each survey can be used in any one of the following ways :
- Embed survey into a Page / Post
- Image : i) Image within a widget ii) Image within a Post / page
1. Go to SurveyFunnel Dashboard -> Add New Funnel button.
2. Specify a title and click Create & Design.
3. Click Add a Question to preview & add questions to funnel.
4. Choose responses to jump to different parts based on answers.
5. Add Question Header to add a default header to your survey.
6. To add content like HTML code & text responses (thank you, etc) click Add Content.
TIP : This is a good place to add your Opt-in Code. Would be best to create separate mailing lists (based on your work flow of questions) so as to add your subscribers to a specific mailing list that is in line with their answers. You can then send them targeted offers that are relevant to their interests.
7. To prompt the visitor for name & email click Add Name/Email & check the Add User Information (Name/Email) box.
8. Click Save Funnel. New funnel is added now.
9.Click on the new created funnel and navigate to the Trigger Settings tab.
10.Trigger settings has 3 radio Buttons. Slider | Popup | ShortCode
10.1 Trigger Settings -> Slider . Select the pages / posts to display the floating survey on. Choose images for questions & answers.
Note : You cannot reset once you have saved the images for the questions and answers so be very careful when choosing an image.
10.2 Trigger Settings -> Image button. Triggering the survey by clicking on an image. Browse and select an image. Check the Use In A Sidebar Widget box if you want to add the image into a widget.
Add the image to your page -> Add Media. Select the same image you have used in the trigger image browser. Insert these lines into your page.
[html]<a href=”#”> </a>[/html]
Your code should look like this.
[html] <a href=”#”>
<img src=”http://localhost/sites/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/surveyclick.jpg” width=150 height=150>
To trigger the image survey within a widget; add a text widget to your WordPress site & copy the same code as before into the textarea of the widget.
Trigger by image would look like this.
10.3 Trigger Settings -> ShortCode tab. Check Embed in Page & save to generate a shortcode for your image.
10.4 Save funnel.
11. Go to SurveyFunnel Dashboard & copy the entire shortcode that has been generated.
[survey_funnel key = ‘(unique survey key)’]
12. Create a new page / post or edit an existing page / post & add the shortcode as follows :
Your code should look like this.
Trigger by shortcode would look like this.
Extra features for funnels
1. Analyze : Questions Summary and Individual Summary of your survey.
2. Export : Export Summary and Export Details to a file.
3. Actions : Clone your survey with a new title. Delete your survey.
4. Completed Surveys : The number of completed surveys by the users.
5. Survey Imprints : The number of impressions i.e. the number of times a survey is displayed to the user.
Hungry for more ?
If you liked reading this and would like to know more about how to create effective surveys –
So that’s pretty much what you need to know in order to use SurveyFunnel effectively. If you know of any other tips that I may have missed, do let me know by leaving a comment here.